Saturday, June 4, 2011

Internship Week 4

This week was just about as interesting as the rest, with the added bonus of a bittersweet “Goodbye” and meeting a new person to work with all in the same week. I am continuing to learn from the many different projects that I am involved in, and I am also continuing how to better interact with people in a more professional setting.

I unfortunately had to say “goodbye” to the art guild as this Wednesday was the last day I will be working in their offices. I did of course make sure that they know that I am available anytime through e-mail and that I can make it into the building on a limited basis if they need me to. I only hope that I continue to be able to work with them. I really enjoy the people, and I really feel like the kind of work I have done for them is the kind of work that a lot of designers do. I feel like I was, and hopefully is, a good learning experience to work on a short deadline, and to work within an established framework. I know in the job I will be starting on the 6th EVERYTHING I will be doing must be within an established framework. I do feel as if I have figured out how to leave my individual mark on the projects, and utilize my creativity, framework or not, and the is really the main task.

I also got to meet Pat Sullivan this week. I will be creating a few promotional materials for him and the Arts Market on the Riverfront. Pat himself is an interesting character, high energy, and somewhat excitable. I did have to let him down gently that I wouldn't be able to do as much as he wants. Although considering I think he was under the assumption that I would either be a full time free worker, or that I am able to do things twice as fast as anyone else, this didn't exactly hurt my conscience. I actually discussed it with Suzette, and she felt that a total of about 10 hours for the rest of my internship was appropriate. So, right now I am working on posters for Pat.

I also got a final decision on the cover for the Educator’s Guide this week, although it will be a bit before I get the copy I need to actually complete that project. Lastly, I finished work on the first round of samples for the Art and Society Ad I am working on for ArtsPartners. I can finish that as soon as I get some new photos, and Suzette has a chance to look them over. I’m am looking forward to getting another project from the list given me at the start of the semester finished and be able to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment