Thursday, June 23, 2011

Internship Week 7

So I am a little late writing my entry for week seven it is true, but I am finding it interesting finding time for all of the different things that I am working on. The Educators guide and the Posters for Pat Sullivan are turning into the gifts that keep on giving. I am also very much hoping to get to finish the power point and at least get started on the Annual Report before my internship time is up. I will be continuing with ArtsPartners as a volunteer even after my internship is up however, and will be able to finish for them and for my own piece of mind anything that I don’t finish as part of my 100 hours.

The Educators Guide, when last I wrote, was supposedly finished. Well, guess what, I missed a few entries in my formatting and had to go back and finish them. I am now waiting to hear back from Suzette on if there are any other changes that need made before this project goes to print. Thankfully I caught the mishap on my own, and was just able to tell Suzette that it was taking longer than planned. I would have been so embarrassed otherwise. Also thankfully, I found out for sure at my meeting with Suzette in week 7 that the Educator’s Guide will only be published online. This allowed me to reset some of the text, making the book longer for sure, but in my opinion quite a bit more pleasing. All of these changes (and any in the future) have added up to almost 20 hours spent on this one project. THANK GOODNESS I’M “DONE”. I don’t count minor changes, as I don’t think they will mean sitting in front of a computer repeating the same movement so many times that my shoulder was sore for a week.

I also found out at the meeting that although Pat has not yet had a chance to decide which of my poster options he prefers, Suzette would like me to go ahead with creating some smaller version of the one that she and I both decided we like the best. I think this will be fun, but is currently scheduled for week 8.

I actually had to take a few days off of working on Internship projects for a few days due to the fatigue of the typesetting for the Educator’s Guide. Suzette actually told me to take a few days as I guess I was inadvertently a bit more pathetic about my shoulder pain in our meeting on Wednesday than I meant to be. With the work I am doing during the day and the work I am doing trying desperately not to fall behind in my classes I really do get pretty sore after a bit. Oh well, such is life I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment