Sunday, May 22, 2011

Internship Week 3

So I’ve finished week 3, and so very much has changed in the last seven days. Firstly, I actually got the job I was interviewing for last week! This makes me super happy, since it’s a job that will allow me to actually make enough money to pay back those school loans by doing what I took all the loans to learn. Of course, this means that my internship is going to be restructured a little bit. Before actually starting this semester, Suzette and I had discussed the likelihood of me working from home the majority of the time, a plan that changed when the Art Guild mentioned that they had extra work space for me to use, even if I do tend to use my own computer. Now that I am getting this job, I will have to revert to that original plan once I start, right after mid-term.

Perhaps because they know that I will no longer be in the office in a couple of weeks, and hopefully not because they don’t actually like the work I’ve been doing as much as they say they do, the Art Guild has had literally only about 30 min of work for me to do this week. I basically got to do the type setting for the sheet for Jenny that I couldn’t do last week. I’m glad I got to do it for her in time for it to be put in the physical packets that were handed out at Thursday’s shindig. I really hope that they have more work for me to do in the future. I also really hope that they have faith that I am capable of working from home and getting stuff to them in a timely manner.

One very big plus side to not working as much on Art guild stuff is that I am really getting somewhere with the artwork for the 2011 Educator’s Guide. I have three really cool ideas for reworking the apple; I just need to work on how exactly I am going to create a unified theme for the cover. Really, I need to just sit down and do a couple of mood boards, and that is probably where I’ll be going next with this project. I also got to experience calling everyone who hadn’t gotten all of their blurbs for the inside turned in to Suzette yet. There were quite a few, and I just hope that everything is ready to go by the time I need to have this thing ready to go to print. I suppose I’ll probably always have to deal with this sort of thing, waiting for copy or whatnot so I can finish a project. I’ve just decided to consider it good practice for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment